Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Perfect Moment


I've been looking at other blogs and it occurs to me that I use mine like a diary. That's okay, it makes me feel better there are certain things that I want to share about myself. Taking the mundane items from my every day life and recreating them in a blog helps me to understand that my life is not so mundane after all. Yesterday, after I was finished with school, Talal and I went for walk on the banks of the cedar river. About 10 minutes into the walk we got caught in a down poor. We made the dash for a shelter and then it occurred to me that I was having the perfect moment. True, it was raining and cold, however, I was safe under the shelter sitting on a picnic bench. As I listened to the rain pounding down on our reliable aluminum roof it struck me that I was perfectly dry and not being touched by the rain. The cedar river right in front of me and sprawling green grassy hills and lots of trees. It was perfect, I was happy. Talal however wasn’t so happy. I was content to sit there for a while. As soon as the rain went from a down poor to a drizzle Talal insisted that we leave. He was only wearing a t-shirt and was cold. So back to the car we went. As we rounded the last curve I happened to glance at the skyline and there it was right in front of me a double rainbow with absolutely beautifully brilliant colors that arched its way through a misty sky. I was in awe, Talal and I both stood there captivated by the wonder of what we were experiencing. Again the perfect moment, two right in a row. Eventually we got back into the car and turned the heater on full blast and quickly warmed up. As we drove away I felt spec of sadness that my two perfect moments ended so quickly. Today is Sunday morning, it’s been raining again I’m sitting here on the coach with big cup coffee. Talal is in the Kitchen bitching about the forks. Again it’s another perfect moment. There not so far apart really, I just need to pay attention. Peace Out!

1 comment:

Cuphound said...

I love you Sweetheart! Thanks for writing this entry. I get too flustered with life and sometimes lose sight of just how beautiful and wonderful out life together is! Thanks for bringing me back to what's important!

I'm so proud of you for starting a blog! I know it will help when it comes time to write your book!

Love,

Talal