Sunday, July 22, 2007

Catching Up

It’s been such a long time since my last entry. Why did I take so long? Many things have happened. Gay Pride, school, evictions, house hunting, papers, test, finals, moving boxes, dump-runs, phone calls, bills, cars, loans and on it goes. Life has been to severe. Many things have happened and all at once.

I should start with the big ticket items.Gay Pride, we had a good time. Talal and I, joined by our good friend Beth, decided to make the journey into the city. We enjoyed ourselves; the debauchery and decadence were fabulous in a fun sort of way. Nothing unhealthy about pride, it’s one the few times that I can relax while holding Talal’s hand in public. The parade was festive, inventive and colorful. Gay pride was as it should be. The queens and the scantly clad men strutting there stuff to the applause of the adoring crowds. What a hoot, I felt energized and excited. After that parade we went a Thai restaurant and then over to the Seattle Center. I didn’t care for the Seattle Center. Too crowded, it was like a giant gay bar. No thanks. We stayed just a short time and left.

I completed my summer course of Law and Ethics. Five weeks and it was brutal. This class went from 9:00 – 4:00 with a working lunch. You get 15 minutes to heat your food in a microwave, urinate and return to the class. It’s quite lovely. The class is non-stop all day long with very few breaks. I’m exhausted by the time I get home. I end up sleeping 10 hours, well into my Sunday. Not a very exciting Saturday night. Additionally, the teacher of this class really wears my nerves thin. I’m so happy to be done. I get the next 7 weeks off and then I go back for my final quarter in the fall. I will enroll in a Practicum Class and General Psychology. After the fall quarter has been completed I’ll be done with all my CDP classes that includes a 2500 hour internship. Not bad for three years. . Over Christmas break I’ll need to make some important decisions in regards to my future. I’m not sure that I want to attend BCC for my associate’s degree. I’m a little tired of the place. Cost and convenience will win the race. Highline Community, Central? Who knows where I may end up? That’s what I need to think about.


The big news is that we were evicted. At the end of July we received word that the owner wanted to sell the house we currently live in, consequently, we had a month to secure the financing and get a new place to live. Not a fun task by any stretch of the imagination. However, things came together and both happened, money and house. We found a place to live on Craig’s List, by the way Craig’s List is my new addiction, a nice 750 square foot house with two bedrooms and garage. New carpet, new paint job, a big porch and a nice yard. I should tell you that this little gem of house didn’t come easily. We really had to wine and dine the owner. She was nervous and uncertain. However, in the end, she decided on us and I’m so happy that she did. I kept saying that I felt like I was in a reality TV Show called “The Renter” Today we meant her, signed the lease and paid our deposit. We move in mid-August. I want to mention that Talal’s father; his name is Sager, helped us with the deposit. I’m very grateful that he helped us. Since Talal and I have been together it’s the first offering of kindness that I’ve seen.

My 43rd birthday is just around the corner. On August 1st I become 43. We’re celebrating by attending a show at a Gay Dinner Club. The following day we’ll head to mothers house for a BBQ. 43 sounds old, I’m just not ready to die yet. 43 feels really close to death. I don’t like that feeling. I’m starting to remember things my child hood, very old memories are beginning to return and I’m finding myself reminiscent and sentimental. Deep breath, it happens as it happens I guess. I’m still focused on what I want to bring to the world and how I want to do it. I’ve considered myself to be person will be successful later in life and that’s just fine by me.

Tomorrow it’s back to work. The sunshine returns and I’m going to wear a Hawaiian Shirt to work. I have a new office at work and I enjoy it. Monday’s are always difficult for me, fatigue seems to be problematic and getting out the door is always difficult. As long as I have coffee and time to wake up I’ll be fine.

Well I guess it’s time to go. I’ll blog again, this time a lot quicker. We have a big move and lots of packing ahead of us. I’m excited about the new house and I look forward to living in it. I love Talal. As always I’m glad that he’s on my side and that I have him with me through these ups and downs.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello friend, how are you?

Craig said...

Jodi?