Monday, June 11, 2007

Landlord: The True Face Of Evil


My landlord is the face of evil. I’ve lived in ghetto house for 8 years. Numb-nuts lives on the east coast and has been here a total of two times. He leaves his elderly father of 80 some odd years to take care of things around the house. That means nothing gets done. Here is the current list of things that don’t work: back door wont open, front door is sticky, large crack in bedroom wall. Pieces of the wall are falling of in the living room above the base board. The bathroom floor has nail heads sticking out of the tile, the back burner on the stove doesn’t work, the freezer only works if you keep it half way full, the sink leaks, the hot water faucet doesn’t turn unless you bench press it and the carpet is nasty that means about 20 years old.

Yesterday he breezed into town and took a look at the yard. We just spent $300.00 for landscaping. Despite the fact that the yard looked fairly good, the asshole flew into a tirade over what he didn’t think looked good. Additionally, he’s told us that we can’t use the garage or the basement to store belongings. His father allotted space for me in both places when I first moved in. This change in position is astonishing.

For eight years I’ve lived here and for eight years I’ve had to endure this shit-hole of house. I’ve kept my mouth shut because I felt like there was and understanding. We stay quiet and in return we get cheap rent. Now we get this asshole of land lord snapping at us, talking to us like we are a piece of shit and placing new restrictions on us. This guy has come unhinged.

Tomorrow is the face-off. I don’t think I’m going to be able to maintain my composure. I can’t remember the last time I was this angry. I’ve told Talal that he’s going to have to intervene on my behalf. Perhaps it’s best that I don’t talk with him at all. This is one time when I’m willing to admit that I need grace and guidance. My anger blinds me. I need help from my higher power. I want punch this little butt-fucker right in the face. I can’t do that. I need help to move past my anger and handle him with dignity and grace. Breathe deep, hold my head up and move on. I can do this. I have the tools.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take this for what it's worth (or ignore): Don't get too pissed at the landlord to his face --- just yet. Wait until you and Talal are in the new apartment (you don't want this asshole giving you a negative reference). Once you're moved in, tell potential renters about the asshole landlord and explain that there's a reason the rent is as cheap as it is. Not sure if it's the ideal solution, but it's a thought.